- 12 (Registered)
Imagine if with a few key concepts you could have the potential to generate from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars for swine producers? Join this course and go to the next level of nutrition on this 7-module long professional online training in applied swine nutrition and feeding by world-class instructors. Additionally, you will enjoy an exclusive community to exchange ideas.
This self-paced course covers topics including the nutritionist mindset, the fundamentals, the nutrition pyramid of priorities, advanced applied swine nutrition, decision making & economics, excel-based tools, critical thinking, and goals/personal productivity training.
Learning modules are broken into short videos to make it easy to fit into the hectic schedules of swine professionals. By completing this course nutritionists, veterinarians, and other swine professionals will come away with a unified, evidence-based approach to swine nutrition.
MODULE 1 | The Nutritionist's Mindset
MODULE 2 | The Fundamentals
MODULE 3 | The Nutrition Pyramid
MODULE 4 | Applied Swine Nutrition and Feeding
- Boar nutrition and feeding
- Gestating sow nutrition and feeding
- Lactating sow nutrition and feeding
- Nursery pig nutrition and feeding
- Finishing pig nutrition and feeding
- Bermuda triangle of swine nutrition
- Meat quality and nutrition
- Where do nutrition and health meet?
- Example feeding programs
- Feed processing: Particle size, Pellet vs. meal
MODULE 5 | Decision Making in Swine Nutrition
MODULE 6 | The Nutritionist's Toolbox
- Common mistakes in least cost formulation
- Least cost vs. maximum profit formulation
- Nutrition tools: Feed budget tool; NRC 2012 modeling tool; Economics of dietary energy; Economics of lysine; Economics of tryptophan; Economics of threonine
- Production tools: Optimal stocking density; Weight variation
- Research tools: Sample size tool; Data collection spreadsheet; Research report template
- Advanced excel: How to randomize & block pigs; Pivot tables; Solver
- Advanced SAS templates: Example SAS code: Completely randomized design; Example SAS code: Randomized complete block design; Requirement estimates models (i.e., broken-line)
MODULE 7 | Critical Thinking in Swine Research
- Over 43 lectures and 50 hours of content!
- The Nutritionist's Toolboxes
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion